Call for an Administrative & Financial Officer!
We are recruiting!
MIJARC Europe is a non–governmental organisation established for the rural youth and by the rural youth. We promote and advocate for sustainable agricultural and value chains, environmental protection, development of rural areas in Europe, European active citizenship and youth policies, gender equality, interculturality, human rights and diversity inclusion. In line with our Christian values, we strive to implement and raise awareness about these issues by facilitating inter–cultural, non–formal learning opportunities and by engaging in advocacy and partnership processes.
Currently, we are seeking to hire a resourceful person, with strong administrative and financial skills, as well as, a good understanding of the legal environment for ASBL and AISBL in Belgium, in order to fulfil the role of a part–time Administrative and Financial Officer. This is a critical role primarily accountable for the effective running of the Secretariat and the office of MIJARC Europe. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about working for non–profit organisation, understanding their specificities and possess an adaptable and proactive approach to work.
1. Job duration and conditions
Role: Part–time Administrative and Financial Officer
Reports to: The Board of MIJARC Europe
Duration: Permanent Contract (CDI)
Location: Office in Brussels (Rue de l’Industrie, 10 – 1000 Bruxelles) with the possibility of occasional travels around Europe.
Working time: Part–time (19 hours per week). Flexible working schedule can be arranged (either 2,5 days a week, half–days, etc.).
Renumeration: 1,275 EUR gross per month.
Benefits: 7 EUR lunch vouchers on a full working day.
• Perform bookkeeping and accounting (monitor and maintain all financial records for internal and external accounting, according to MIJARC Europe’s rules and Belgian legislation);
• Assist with payments (process all invoices, reimbursement forms, etc.);
• Be responsible for other services as necessities arise (post, delivery of annual documentation to Moniteur Belge, etc.).
• Support the effective functioning of the MIJARC Europe’s office and supervise office supplies and contract;
• Support the Executive Board with the legal management of the organisation;
• Assist the Executive Board and staff members with administrative tasks: minute–taking, reservation of services, travel arrangements, payments and filing of organisational documentation and folders;
• Act as the first point of contact for external and internal enquiries to MIJARC Europe sent via email.
• Manage payrolls, lunch vouchers, taxes and ensure timely compliance with legal requirements connected to our Commission Paritaire and the Belgian legislation.
• Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the role and the evolution of the organisation, as may be reasonably requested by the Executive Board.
• A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, HR Management, Political Science, Law, Economics or similar;
• Good command of English language (B2/C1);
• Knowledgeable about the administrative and legal requirements for NGO/INGO in Belgium (Commission Paritaire, Moniteur Belge, Transparency Register, etc);
• Experience with HR and financial management (processing contracts, payrolls, leaves, benefits, insurances, taxes and maintaining book–keeping records in hard and digital copies);
• Experience with organisational and project–related audits and expertise in Belgian Tax Law and/or Labour Law;
• Very good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.);
• Creative, proactive and autonomous;
• Comfortable working in teams.
• Knowledge of Dutch or French;
• Previous experience with volunteers from different nationalities;
• Experience of volunteering or working in an NGO;
• A rural background.
• All applicants must have the right to live and work in Belgium.
4. Application procedure
And send your CV (max 2 pages) in a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Administrative and Financial Officer_Name”. We will review applications on a rolling basis and the last date for applications will be 25th of November, 2022, at 23:59 CET. Selected candidates will be invited for an online or offline interview. We reserve to close the call earlier if we find the right person for the position. The successful candidate will start at the earliest convenient date but no later than the 1st of December 2022.